Friday, February 17, 2017

DIY Chalkboard

DIY Chalkboard





I absolutely love these Baking Pan Chalkboards! I hung one in my kitchen and one in my guest bathroom!

Supplies:
-baking pan (Hint: I found mine for $1 at Dollar Tree)
-chalkboard paint (See the brand I used at the bottom of the blog)
-foam brush
-white chalk
-command strips

Instructions:
1. Open and stir chalkboard paint with paint mixing stick.
2. Clean baking pan with a dry towel to be sure it is free of any dirt.
3. Apply one coat of chalkboard paint onto the baking pan. Keep it thin, as you will be doing several coats.
4. Wait approximately 10 minutes and add a second coat.
*depending on the brand of paint you buy, two coats might be enough, but I personally do three*
5. Apply final coat, if needed, and let it dry overnight.

Happy crafting!

xoxo,
Twintivity


Chalkboard Paint- I found mine at Lowes Home Improvement. I  recommend you go ahead and purchase a high quality brand, in order to maximize the life of your chalkboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment